Our RS meeting in February is all about Family Home Evening. It will be held on Thursday, February 7th from 7 - 8:30 p.m. at the building. Here are some of the great things we have planned for you:
- A Spiritual Thought -- Love is Spelled T-I-M-E -- given by Elisa Peck
- Family Home Evening Panels: we've asked several sisters in our ward, with unique perspectives, to form panels and discuss how they prepare and participate in Family Home Evening. Each sister will share some ideas, from her perspective, and then together they'll answer questions and discuss with the class. There's a panel for FHE for Adults and FHE with Children, so everyone will be able to get some pertinent ideas.
- We'll be starting a service project. Teeny Tears is an organization that donates handmade diapers to families of stillborn babies. Each family received two matching diapers: one for the baby and one to have as a keepsake. The diapers are made from a simple pattern that everyone can help with. You can iron fabric, trace and cut out patterns, or help sew the diapers. If you'd like to donate soft, baby-appropriate flannel, we can get 8 diapers from each yard of fabric. Also, if you can, bring scissors and sewing machines to the activity.
|Diapers made using the Teeny Tears pattern|
- Jennifer has prepared all the materials to make two FHE Lesson File Folders: Easter and Tithing. These folders will have all the lesson materials, activities, and coloring sheets to teach your children about ans aspect of the gospel. That night you will color and cut out the pieces. She even has a laminator you can use to ensure the kit will last a long time. The cost for both folders is only $1! Money is due to Jennifer by Sunday, January 27th.
- If you need a simple FHE board to help you organize every week, Karissa and Sarah can help. The project is very easy, just a little paint, mod podge and glue. You can personalize the tags with a paint pen. The cost is $7 and money is due to Sarah by Sunday, January 27th.
- Lastly, what's a meeting without treats! Please bring your favorite FHE treat to share. If possible, bring the recipe and we can share it on the blog with everyone.